Monday, June 27, 2005

Travel Back in Time to Yesterday

The night before last we saw the people going on a mission trip to Argentina off at the airport. This was from about 2:30am to 8am ending in a full breakfast at Brunettis on Lygon Street (which was far inferior to the one I enjoyed with Jono L. at the [Urban Bohemian™] Hairy Canary while discussing philosophy over lattes. I kid you not). So, last night I slept for fourteen hours. As usual I woke up a number of times, and in each episode of sleepfulness I had my usual weird dreams. The one I remember was where I was at a Safeway (as they call it here) buying 250gm blocks of chocolate on special. But the good flavours, like Old Gold and Macadamia, and Old Gold and licorice allsorts (which only exists in my dream land, but my word they should make it) were either all gone or would morph into a less impressive flavour in my hand once I had them, like Dairymilk and peanuts. By the time I eventually got hold of a block the flavours of the blocks remaining were getting really weird, like Old Gold and garlic. I wonder if garlic chocolate would taste any good. Chilli and chocolate tastes good, so perhaps it would. Maybe if you used sugar-less, high cocoa content chocolate, it might work.

Today’s wacky task: Design a recipe involving garlic and chocolate. Execute it. Report back findings.

The New Doctor Who: Before I fell asleep last night, I enjoyed this bit of light entertainment. I don’t like the new doctor though. He’s too emotional and moody and makes some foolish decisions that his previous incarnations would not have made (Needless to say Tom Baker ruled them all). Instead, his assistant the (okay, this is really superficial) not so lovely-looking Rose seems to be the wise, humane one, whose decisions in the end work out for the better. In this episode, the last remaining Darleck has been captured by a two dimensionally evil man with appropriately megalomaniacal Dutch name who owns the internet. There’s a lot of darleck love in this episode, even though it kills 200 people, Rose helps you feel sorry for the cute, helpless, mutant octopus inside the hard, metallic, vacuum cleaner exterior. Like mum said, a bit preachy. And, unless the whole episode was supposed to be ironic, it really has lost its good old, light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek, British humour (I guess that was thanks to Tom Baker). Except it did have one funny line:

Doctor Who: [The Darleck] has just downloaded the entire Internet! He now knows everything!

Today’s wacky question: If you had a tail, what would you name it?

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Emi said...

Wacky answer - I would name my tail 'wag'. Then, when I was in public, if I turned around and said 'wag?' while looking at my tail, people would think I was very strange, and that would be fun.

I've only seen the first two episodes of the new Dr Who and I enjoyed them. I agree with what you said about their personalities, but I still don't mind the new doctor despite that. He's only going to be in it for this season anyway.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Osama

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Oh, and is that an ironic spelling of 'Dalek'...? ;-)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Radagast said...

So how does the Urban Bohemian™ lifestyle compare with Rural Bohemian™?

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My tail would be called "dog", obviously.

("Why does a dog wag it's tail?"... and all that)

I've had the odd experience of my blogs and comments disappearing. I wonder if this one will too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home