Monday, June 06, 2005

The Borg According to Angus

Today's guest blogger is my friend Angus. Enjoy.
-----

People have been commenting! Keep it up!

Ever wondered why people are so uptight on public transport? Obviously in Tasmania public transport isn't nearly as good as it is in Melbourne. I don't think I could go back now. I'm like the native, taken from the jungle and sent to the city, who can never return home. Tasmania seems so primitive, exotic and far away. It's hard to imagine having trees again. And grass. In Melbourne, everythng is so much better, it's amost slightly crazy to think I used to live on tap water. But I digress.

The reason I mentioned public transport was because I went to the Burke St mall today, and bought a heap of clothes. Ironically. Obviously I wouldn't buy clothes because I like them, I buy them to make a statement on the degradation and decay of modern society through the nexus of consumerism. Or something. It's pretty complicated, you probably wouldn't understand. It's like how I buy tacky jewellry ironically, and dress in a pop culture style ironically, and swoon over good-looking actors ironically. I'm just doing it because I'm actually so above it all, I like to show my disdain by making fun of it. It's not because I enjoy it. I only enjoy it *ironically*. That way it's okay. If I actually enjoyed it, they'd take away my Philosophy Fan Club card.

Anyhoo, public transport. People are so uptight. I saw a very good-looking Indian man on the train today, but he looked like a commerce student, so obviously nothing's going to happen.

I've got to finish my essay, and my supervisor is on my back about it. My essay is so complicated, but my classmates make it seem so stupid. I think I need to be more esoteric.

7 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Swil said...

Nice wotk Angus. And you used about 50% of the gags I was planning to use if I guest blogged for Slo. Great minds eh? (the rest of course were sparkling originalities)

Who's next? Writing one for Dan would be fun...

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this Angus? He's obviously very talented and almost certainly handsome. I hope he's available.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Thanks Shaun. You can use the other jokes in a future guest-blog.

I think Dan would be good to do. Hugo's World 4: Son of Hugo, hasn't exactly sparkled with heaps of posts.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger dan said...

Wow Borg. You're so ironic. But enough about you, more about me...

Great idea Angus. In fact, I've gone one better. =)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

Oneupmanship!

I was hoping that I'm a little more subtle and profound than that and don't complain as much... ;-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Swil said...

Ah the problem of characituring (no idea how to spell that word properly). Leads to much self concioussness on the characutured person's part.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Shiloh, you're not at all as bad as I portrayed you. I thought I'd pick on the most obvious things to play off. I'm not nearly as bad as Shaun made me look (although, I won't tell you what I did on the day he was writing about... because - kinda accurate) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home