Saturday, May 14, 2005

Hair ~ Novelty Songs ~ Rats

So that I don't look like a complete fool (I am currently a partial one), I have moved my brief review of Saved! to How Far From Perfect. I can't link it, but if you're clever, you'll know where to look.

~

I had a hair style and colour yesterday for a bargain price at a hair college in the city. They said some complimentry things like my hair colour is "light and lovely" (mouse blondey brown!) and that I had a small face so I shouldn't make my hair too big. Two things I have insecurities about. Hmm, I think I'll go back there to have my ego pumped. And I might be able to get a free hairdo in July at a hair competition.

~

I wrote another novelty song called "Who stole the attic?" I won't publish it here unless you really really want me to and actually read the last song I posted, which is perfectly understandable if you didn't - I know I never read people's songs they wrote - don't know why - maybe it's the superficial incoherence and repetiveness that puts me off... Hang on a minute...

~

I think there are rats living in our roof. The thought of it simultaneously makes my skin crawl and invokes a feeling a morbid feeling of fascination. The gnawing and the scuttling sounds tend to put me off my dinner, though.

12 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

No comments... Was this a really boring post? Was there nothing worth commenting on? Is no one reading my blog any more? Couldn't someone at least have said "I like rats"?

I thought at least my review of Saved! was scathing enough to get a rise out of *somebody*...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Shiloh, I don't think you can complain about getting no comments. I mean, think of all the people who write interesting posts and get no response (Dan, for instance. I feel for you man.) You, on the other hand, consistently get comments. And people still read your blog, despite your declaration of a sabbatical (three posts and six days ago).

I'll at least comment to salve your ego ;). I think you do excellent things with your hair. I'm not just saying that, I'm being objective (or subjective, if you're an adjudicator [injokes! yay!]). Keep doing your cool thing.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Emi said...

I comment on Dan's blog sometimes, but I'm a bit intimidated by his blog and yours, Shiloh. The posts are always so interesting that I don't feel like my comments will live up to them. Like this one, for instance. I mean honestly, who is still reading it?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger The Borg said...

Why thank you Emi. I read all my comments - they are not dull, especially not yours.

Thank you Angus. I dig your hair too.

Dave, sorry to hear about the rat. Was it tame or wild?

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not so much a rise as a sincere "sheesh, if its that bad then I really won't watch it"

*somebody*

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger The Librarian said...

"No comments... Was this a really boring post? Was there nothing worth commenting on? I"

Sometimes people just don't comment, Shy. It doesn't mean you didn't make them think...

Come to think of it, when was the last time you commented on MY blog??? ;) Does that mean you think my blog is boring?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Yeah! Or MY blog! (Okay, so it was last week.) But I just added a really interesting post, with some issues dear to your heart. Sooo, comment! *Shameless self promotion*

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger dan said...

Shiloh versus the rats, hey. How about this: open the trapdoor and climb into the roof. :) See what you're up against. Satisfy the morbid fascination, and then you'll just be left with physical revulsion.

And I reckon there's one thing worse than hearing the scratching sound when you're eating. It's waking up to hear... something. Exactly what, I'm not sure, but they probably live under the house and crawl up the hole in the floor that George drilled for the ethernet. I can't imagine what they're after. Maybe they get high off the chemicals in electrical insulation rubber?

"Dan, for instance. I feel for you man."

Wow. Thanks Gus. I think. Damned with faint praise, innit. :)

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Sethals said...

I was hoping to read the review of Saved! Wasn't sure how to find it...maybe you could post a link :D

I think comments are an important part of a blog.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Angus said...

Sorry Dan, I wasn't trying to slap you down - I was just pointing out your that your quality posts draw few comments, whereas Shiloh's draw comments no matter what the quality. I think there's a thesis in there somewhere.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

(Seth: http://howfarfromperfect.blogspot.com)

-Shy (too lazy to log in)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

13 comments - feel better now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home