The City Lights are Leading
There is a strong possibility that I may move into the city in late July. That means I'll be out of the burbs, God willing, on 11th July. For those who know Tracey Houge, I'll be moving in with her. It's a small place, but light and clean - surrounded by parks and running tracks. Tracey said that I can live there as long as I like. That's great, all we need now is a cat and we'll be set for the rest of our lives. If only I could convince Emily G to join us and we'd true gothic horror fiction spinster sisters. Not that there's anything horrific about Emily, or Tracey or me for that matter...
To answer your question, I'm moving for my own sanity. I love my housemates, but I'm too far away from the social hub of Church, Christian Union and Uni. My hermitude makes me more depressed than default. Furthermore, I save on train trips without comprimising rent money. So please pray that my moving happens. :)
I shall have to make some changes though, like buying cooler running gear and adjusting wedgies in public. I will also miss our house's mascot, Lenin the (almost life sized blue pygmy) Hippo. Or maybe Seth could just make another one. A tiger would be cool.
Next year, I'd like to apply for the Victorian College of arts and do, God willing, drawing, graphic design and art history. I have plenty of ideas for projects, so it would be lots of fun. Furthermore, I produce art quickly, so study wouldn't take up much of my time. That way, I could get more involved in Church and CU and get a job as a kitchen hand.
I would actually really like to have such a job - not only do I love cooking (and find cleaning cathartic), but I like how restaurants have this calm, finished exterior (eg the food looks really swish) and yet there's the chaotic, energetic powerhouse that gets the work of art to the table. I'd like to be a cog. So, if there's any swanky restaurant owners out there, I'm the girl for the job. I'm afraid that my job-search would be hindered by the fact that 1) By then, God willing, I would be BA (Hons) and 2) I'm a female with waitressing experience, so they might only be interested in having me on the floor, which I wouldn't want.
Anyways. Bla bla bla. Nothing profound to say. Should be writing essay. Needs to be more esoteric. Ironically, esoteric. And I didn't see any good looking guys today.

6 Comments:
I was under the impression that the eastern suburbs was where everything happened...
You should Shy, but keep in touch with your ex flatmates, they sound like gems...
By the way, don't "help" Tracey when she's cooking, she's worse than you ;)
She's too polite to growl the first three times, but as soon as your hand hits the spatula/spoon to stir something, she freezes like a pointer...
Maybe do it a few times just to see the reaction, it's classic :)
Yes, Amy, I will keep in touch with them.
I can empathise with Tracey's reaction, though. I'm like that too. People interferring with cooking is as if someone walked up to your canvas and started putting some of their own brushstrokes on. ;-)
awesome! tracey's house is lovely and the parks are very nice, it is very near trendy brunswick st and only 20min tram ride from city. That sounds cool shiloh, I think you'll be happy there. Btw, the neighbour used to have a cat actaully, which used to wander in all the time, and the girls were babysitting it when i stayed there. Maybe the cat is still around?
I find it interesting that the only way to find out what you are doing dear sister is to read your blog. It'll be nice to have you close by. If you ever need a place to cook some muffins or choc-chip cookies, our kitchen is yours ;) only 10 mins down the road...
Sorry Sethals! But now you know. :)
Yes, it will be lots of fun, and I don't have an excuse not to visit you. ;-)
Interestingly, Tracey's place also has a kitchen, so I'm not exactly sure why I'd need to use yours. ;-)
Thanks Bron. :) I'll look out for the cat. I think it's about a 20min walk from the city - trams are slow. And probably a five minute walk from uni. And yes, I look forward to popping over to Brunswick St for b'fast, or catching a tram to St Kilda and jogging on the beach and then having b'fast on the shore.
Post a Comment
<< Home