In the Ivory Tower
Today I passed Sonam the Resident Buddihist Monk ( http://fcms.its.utas.edu.au/arts/philosophy/pagedetails.asp?lpersonId=2144) on my way into the library when I was supposed to be in the class he is the tutor for. That's probably the first time I've been caught bludging. I smiled and said hello and he smiled cautiously in reply. Either the smile meant "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" or "I have no idea who you are, but I'm a nice Buddhist so I'll not embaress you." I'm hoping the latter and I'm banking on the fact that he's Tibetian and Anglos probably all look the same to him. Or I could just be racist and am spouting falsehoods. Am I?
I got 16/20 for my latest Logic take-home exam. I think that's pretty good for a subject I don't understand. I think my lecturer ( http://fcms.its.utas.edu.au/arts/philosophy/pagedetails.asp?lpersonId=2134) was pretty merciful though. And ultimatly the credit goes t0 God. :-) I understand how to do truth trees to find validity, and I understand the reasons as to why different logics must be constructed. Where I'm a dumbo-brain is where the two intersect. If I could explain that further, I'd have understood it!

2 Comments:
Social psychology has documented cross-racial similarity effects fairly well - hence, it's not being racist to bank on the fact that those from ethnicities other than yours will have greater difficulty distinguishing between members of your ethnicity. That might end up being my honours thesis.
(I could have explained that 10x better, maybe)
Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog.
ben
Thanks, I feel less racist now. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home