Monday, September 06, 2004

My Brownies are better than Rockerfella's

Man! Yet another a glorious day! Praise God. No clouds. No breeze. Mild. Reminds me of summer. Camping trips to the white sand and blue green waters. Hopping over granite rocks in the beating sun. Lying in the button grass with the gang and spotting passing ships on the horizon while someone reads aloud. The smell of burning gum leaves, chargrilled steaks and saline air. The screetch of gulls and the wispering surf. Sun tans and tan lines and bikini tops and sand in boardies. Lemon sorbet and home made ice cream and raspberries. Body surfing and swimming against the current in ice cold waters in the hot sun. Ahhhh.

And I still haven't finished my stupid essay. I'll write a bit and then realise I need qualify and define and defend what I've just written and then I realise that I need to further define and qualify my defense, ad infinitum. What a silly business writing an essay is. It's rather like voting in the elections. No one has any idea, really, we're all just donkey voters in the end. (Having written that, I just realised how abstract the simularity between writing an essay and voting is. If you get what I mean, you must read my mind and we should get married. ;))

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I get some of the simularity, but I think you're meaning it on a level that I'm not seeing, so we're safe from Six Lies 7 so far!

Angus

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger dan said...

In other words, everyone is actually rather clueless about any given [election issue / essay topic], but some of us just hide it better than others? Or perhaps some people are just less aware of their own cluelessness, making it easier to hide behind their convincing arguments.

I know EXACTLY what I'm arguing here, which must put me in the category of 'elite' clueless donkey... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home