Thursday, January 05, 2006

Around the Blogosphere

Angus has a great photo retrospective. My favourites are the "school girls" and Angus' 70's shot (although I think it looks more 80's).

Emi and Shaun have given us a run down of the Falls; the highs and lows.

John is being enigmatic.

Craig is talking about the dating game (again).

In other news, I finally watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. If my brain wasn't fried, I would say something more profound about it than just that I identified with Clem and her relationships.

17 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Who are you again?

Emi is right, that is a great photo of you on Angus's blog. But I really respect you for your intelligence etc...

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger RodeoClown said...

Craig, stop trying to pick up!

:)

But I definitely agree, you could be a model with no bodily alterations.

(That's a married man's way of saying you look pretty:))

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

"Kaylee, if I were unwed, I would take you in a manly way."

But that's very sweet of y'all to say that.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger RodeoClown said...

... and she quotes firefly too...

There you go, a near-perfect woman (my woman quotes firefly too, so I'm qualified to say so).

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Emi said...

I loved Eternal Sunshine. I'd like to see more thoughts when your brain isn't fried ;)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

you could be a model with no bodily alterations
Woah married man! Hope Jen doesn't read this - you will be sleeping on the couch...

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

"Is there any danger of brain damage?"

"Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage."

Isn't part of the message of ESOTSM that the attraction between a couple is, in some, way inevitable? You can't really resist it - even if you know its bad for you.

In what way are you like Clem? She is impulsive - yeah in a way that fits. But she is also very promiscuous (which doesn't fit).

Its been a while since I saw the movie...perhaps someone can fill in the blanks on Clem's character...

(I remember Joel being weak, anxious and a general pain in the neck. What were his redeeming qualities?)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger RodeoClown said...

She won't :)

But why would she make me sleep on the couch?

I've only listed Shy as 'near-perfect'. She knows that I wouldn't go for 'near-perfect'.
Not when I have 'Perfection Incarnate'* waiting for me at home :)

*Note: when I say perfection incarnate, I am not refering to Jesus, I am refering to Jen using a literary device known as hyperbole or hyper-bowl as I like to call it.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Hehe - nice save...

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Swil said...

There's an unnecessary "s" in that link it's shauneyes.blogspot.com

Now back to your regularly scheduled commenting.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger RodeoClown said...

I always make good saves. I wouldn't say something I couldn't recover from...

Either that or I just keep digging the hole I find myself in bigger and bigger. Eventually I can remove everyone's footing and we all end up back on level ground again.

Actually, I think I usually keep digging...

code: grlsbajn - Girls barging?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Angus said...

Bob and Sam were too of the ugliest schoolgirls I'd ever seen. Made worse by the fact Bob kept getting people to touch his breasts.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Angus said...

My eyes are hurting. Please disregard the "too" in my previous post and replace it with a "two". How embarrassment.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger dan said...

No Gus, I think "too ugliest" is a good way to describe it. Superlatives without intensifiers seem inadequate.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Angus said...

Fair enough. I like "too ugliest" as an expression. I think I will adapt it for everyday usage.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger The Librarian said...

Bob and Sam, that was a crazy day.

Sam kept sitting down next to me to have 'girl' chats with me.

I remember him saying " I think I really know what it feels like to be a girl now, it's hard when your breats keep falling down".

I was dressed as princess Mary so naturally I gave a polite but non-commital reply

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Borg said...

LOL, Amy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home