Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"It's An Optical Illusion!"

My memory is failing, but what does remain is that I keep a blog. My fluid intelligence is intact, so I can infer that people like to see it updated, more than they the blogster likes to play games with the readers.

There are many things I could write here, but I have regressed technologically and so I'm starting to "molskin" everything. The catalyst for this event was Melbourne's faux-bo-ho cycling collective outside the State Library, and I just had to draw all the people in dinosaur costumes.

This week I've watched Anchorman (hilarious), Grizzly Man (crazy), Envy (funny) and The Emperor's Club (feelgood). Right now I'm reading Female Chauvenist Pigs by Ariel Levy (Feminist), Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco (rich) and The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins (Manifesto).

On friday I leave with the Melbourne CU people for Canberra. It's an 8 hour drive, so I may need to enlist your help to think of car games. There is of course the Tassie-roadtrip classic, the celebrity Letter game with its Scatagory-like variations. Luke (other, not brother) suggested inter-car pictionary, which sounds like fun (you could also play that with camera phones, if you were rich and bored (or Angus)).

9 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Old Stand-bys: I Spy, Who Am I?(or 20 Questions), Abbreviations/Acronyms using the licence plate letters, Car Cricket (bus 4 runs, van caught out, ambulance out L.B.W, police car bowled out etc etc), Scrabble with signposts, Window shopping, storytelling....
love Mow

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleeping lions, I play it with my drama classes when they are too noisy and I've got other work to do. You sit really still and pretend your a lion whose asleep.
--Luke

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger The Librarian said...

You could always ask people for their "life stories" or how they became christians as well.

That could be very intersting, if you guys get bored of games are still functioning after that much driving :)

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok this may not last long, but we used to play where one person would come up with a word starting with the letter a. The next person repeats it and then does one with the letter b. Next person resites both words that were said before and does one with the letter c. It can be entertaining for short periods and will be good 6 hours later when you try to recreate the word list.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Librarian said...

" Ok this may not last long, but we used to play where one person would come up with a word starting with the letter a. "

Shopping List!

I went to the shop and I bought an anchovie, I went to the shop and I bought and anchovie and a beanbag refill, I went to the shop and I bought an anchovie, a beanbag refill, and crunchy croutons...etc.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Bron said...

hey sheep!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Swil said...

'Sheep' is fun, I like the similar games 'Tourist' and 'Local'.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger K.C. Sola said...

Red car, blue car, yellow car, green car . . .

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Good reading list. I would be interested in reading your comments on the Dawkins and Levy books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home