The Aftermath
Today was kinda surriel. After a glorious time with Emi G. at a swanky new French Restaurant set in gardens, which, if you blurr your eyes, looks like the South of France, I stopped to by raspberries. I found myself in a stranger's kitchen chatting about jam while she cling-wrapped a delicious punnet of raspberries. I guess it's not really strange to be in a stranger's kitchen - but it is when you think back to it and not think about what was so strange about it...
My emotions are a little topsy-turvey today. Even though I generally don't let my emotions dominate my decision making processes, I've noticed that I rely on my emotions to make me happy and determine my level of optimism. This is probably not good.
Benny tipped me a kitchen hand job at a cafe in Hobart tommorow. I'm not sure if it's an interview or a trial-run. Either way, it's making me feel quite giddy and nervous. Which is silly, given that it's just, well, a few dollars I might miss out on, but I wasn't factoring in on having anyway.

5 Comments:
Yeah, you get that whole "peak-trough" thing happening for a while, but it doesn't last too long. What post-breakup video did you watch with Em? Did you eat chocolate ice-cream?
And could you send me up some bruschetta when you get a chance? I'm back to eating tinned stuff since you returned to Tassie...
Actually, I'd say it can last a long time, depending on who it is...and it can be just 'trough' rather than 'peak/trough'...but what do I know, it's none of my business anyway :)
Shy, where was the French restaurant you went to? Do you remember its name? It sounds fantastic.
Would it be the new one that just opened in Margate?
And it's "surreal" - your spelling is about as good as my pronounciation...
Post a Comment
<< Home