Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Borg Malfunctions?

Bec Smith would find my life a page turner over the past few days. Against my determinist intuitions (or then again, maybe not) I hold the Austin ending and the Hardy ending equally in my mind. As to which ending is which - well that depends on who you talk to.

But I think things have cooled off now... everyone can just chillax. :)

I've been looking for clothes in the Shopping Mecca but the fashion now is hideous. It's like all the shops have trailed after Paris Hilton's one-night-stands. I should like to find a modest, fitted, flattering top that does not have "skanky ho" written all over it. Literally.

Yesterday in the city Dekker and I noticed a crowd huddled around a silent busker. He was the Jamaican chess champion who challenged memebers of the public while Moby played. Dekker said something like "It's a long time since I played with clocks..." to which the the Jamaican (and I) coerced him to play. I think the game was lost when Dekker moved into check and the champion swooped down, took his king and threw it into the air. It looked cool - but not chess - Jamaican rules maybe...

I'm going to try to catch up with Alice and Flik tonight.

On saturday, I'll be meeting Craig in the best city in Australia.

Yes, I just learnt how to link using html.

6 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

I'd been imagining more a Shakespearean ending. But I guess that would mean everyone has to die.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

That can be arranged...

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For never was a story of more woe,
Than this of Juliet, and her Romeo.

JTD

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Do you want to be Mercutio JD? You get some great lines...

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Austin as in Powers or as in Jane?

Ned

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant "as in Jane Austen".

Ned

 

Post a Comment

<< Home