No Spanky Pants In This One. Maybe Next Time.
Twenty Five! Dish it up, baby.
I wonder if that's like a blogspot reccord. I hope big brother blogger is watching and I get some lame fame.
I had my haircut today. That's pretty big news. I briefly posted two big photos but then changed my mind because I thought it was too narcistic.
I had to skip hockey tonight, because I'm trying to finish my stupid essay by my exam tommorow. I'm so beyond caring. My brain is dead. I can't even give you some clever insight into why I'm beyond caring. This is what it's like to be educated: pulverized brain, social retardation, conversations like an exposition and debates like essays. At the combined Reformation service last night I had trouble making conversation or I'd make irrelevent non-sequiters or ask way too personal questions of people. People must think I'm mad. But man I hate small talk.

7 Comments:
26, in fact. Congratulations, Shy. Hey, emailing everyone you know and telling them to post comments actually worked...
JTD
In other big news, I had my haircut today too. And it's big news. It's not quite finished yet (the girl doing it didn't have any thinning scissors, so my very thick hair looks a bit like a Beatle cut). Will be ready Tuesday night :)
Angus
Pity you didn't come to hockey Slo, it was a 3-2 victory. No, our victory. Seriously. We won. No, seriously.
An amusingly tense game tho (over some "dodgy" calls by the ref, and some bloody close near-goals in the last 60 seconds)
Shaun speaks the truth. We won. [goring postgame analysis] The forwards were playing a much more spread-out game, so there was heaps of fast passing. They were attacking only on one side, so we played a diagonal defence to keep them boxed in. Dave was on fire, Duncan was everywhere, and Sethals got royally smacked by a crazy chick... i've never seen a lump that big. Makes me glad I bought such long shinpads.[/boring postgame anaylsis]
I've just made your blog more boring, so now I don't have to clutter mine with hockey talk ;)
Yes, social retardation and deformed conversations are severe side-effects of chronic exposure to high concentrations of academia. I can only hope that people view these qualities as cute excentricities, and (mistakenly or otherwise) associate them with genius. Maybe there's a need for some kind of social rehabilitation prior to releasing uni students back into the wild?
Just carry a can of mace...
Also, why can't you have your D&Ms after church with girls instead? Too many blondes? Or are they the ones that think you're making a move...?
Yeah, I think it's better after church to have meaningful conversation with one or two people, rathe rthan saying hello to everyone. Though if you're clever you might be able to manage both.
But you need to make sure that those one or two are different every week, and are not just the cool and interesting people...
Shy, I would always be happy to walk you to your car.
John
Post a Comment
<< Home