Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Survivor/Safran/Stupidity/Slut?

Good bye Dolly, the sheep farmer. I was suprised she got booted considering she was one of the hottest (she looks like Brittney Spears meets Marilyn). I suppose women like to dispose of the competition just as much as men.

The reward challenge required walking along a plank.Too easy? Not when you have to walk side ways holding on to your tribemates face to face. The looks on the guys faces said it all - whose evil scheme to induce simultaneous homophobia and homoerotocism? I needed a shower after that one...icky. Hence the girls won.

I watched John Safran vs God last night. Safran is a funny man, although is supposed consistancies in bagging all religions covers the sacred viel he leaves on secularism. But that's only so far. He might impress me and make fun of himself...

I am such a procrastinator. I'm going to see the disabilities officer tommorow. Hopefully, in Foucaultian style, a label will legitimize my various vices such as laziness, poor spelling, fuzzy thinking and inability to read and understand. Okay, some of them are not vices - they're just... stupidity. But I'm hoping to get a piece of paper that says "Shiloh has a learning disorder. She is stupid. Please give her five hour extensions on her exams and ignore poor spelling, grammer, punctuation, structure, poor referencing, and bad argumentation." Hell, they should just give me my degree right now. ;-)

Mum says that coloured bangles are a signal for prostitution. No, she wasn't making a judgment - she's not the normative type . I'm not sure how universal, archaic or true that symbolism is... What I am sure of is that it adds an extra fifteen minutes onto getting changed time to wriggle sixteen plastic bangles off my wrist. The things I do for fashion.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger dan said...

Hello. My name is Dan, and I'm a recovering procrasstinator...

The only way I've survived the consequences my own procrastination at uni is that I've got enough lecturers who are ALSO procrastinators. "Yeah, I know it says it's due a week after the lab, but just get it to me before swotvac...." That, and the occasional all-nighter.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pity that dyslexics are actually more intelligent than the general population (link). So ignoring bad argumentation might be a little much to ask :)

-- Radagast

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Safran is a jew, not a secularist. Not a very *good* jew, but a jew none the less...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home