Friday, July 09, 2004

Back to the "Real World"

Hi, I'm Shiloh Isham and I'm a camp junkie. I think I must crave routine combined with a temporary community. But that's not why MYC was good. I gained more knowledge about God, new friends (Beck W. and Ellen from L'ton and Jess W. from Hobart) and a few kilos. Camp Clayton feeds you way too much yummy food. I'll gradually unpack my bag over the next few days, telling you, dear reader, about the camp. At the moment I feel quite toxic and overfed and cotton headed, so I'll get back to you latter, eh?

I learnt that Pryderi (sp?) Jones is a perfect mimic. He did Sam Green, but you had to be there. Actually like a lot of things in life, you had to be there. More on that in future posts.

MYC, as usual, makes me realise how slack I've been about my Christian life. I just wish I was a consistent person. Everything about me is yo-yo: my brain activity, my weight, my mood, who I like and what I'm obsessed with.

My results: Credit, 2 Distinctions and High Distinction. I can't complain.

I have much to be thankful for: An awesome camp, good results, great friends and the death and resucrrection of Jesus that saved me. Praise God. :)

Edit: Just realised that this was a pretty lame-o post. So to spice things up, how about some yam jokes? Just kidding.

Just then, Luke asked mum, "So how is my sister?" I'm pretty poor at articulating things so I don't mind it when people speak for me. At MYC I would start answering a question and then run out of words. Who needs the end of a sentence anyway?

BTW Amy, we missed your beautiful voice at MYC!

6 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Amy we certainly did!!! A thought that crossed my mind on more than one occassion :(

Have you seen Pryderi 'do' Pete Woodcock? He is quite a funny man is young man Jones...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

Yes, he did Pete, Steven Carnaby, Phil Jensen and even his own dad.

Please fess up your identity, or I shall be forced to delete your comment! ;)

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I knew that Gwydien (sp?) has in the past mimicked his dad, but not Pryderi...

My identity? YOU know it is me ;)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

I think I know who you are, but the person I'm thinking of probably has better grammar. ;)

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

It _was_ an awesome camp.
Re: yo-yo. Ever read the Screwtape Letters?

jml

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

No, but on your recomendation, I shall. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home