Thursday, June 24, 2004

Seth and EMILY

My other brother, Seth announced his engagement to his girlfriend Emily. They'll be getting married, God willing, at the beginning of 2006. It came as a bit of a suprise to me, I think because I wasn't expecting them to announce so soon. Seth said he'd been dropping hints to me, and he would be correct if by hints he means "When we get married, blah blah." So I get annother sister! :) Last year at Seth's family birthday Luke and Amy announced thier engagment and I think Seth felt a bit overshadowed, being the middle child and all. So last night at his birthday doo he announced his engagment.

After Seth told the family Dad cracked open the port and we had a toast. Then dad said a prayer and it went something like this "...and we thank you for bringing Seth and Amy together..."

4 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Seth and Amy" HA HA!!!

That was soooo funny!!!
I like that seth has become such a real bro to me that it was just tooo funnny!!!

Then Luke accident;ly called me Emily yesterday, the names are just alliteratively similar, but it;s still very funny.....

Notice that you called seth your "other brother"?...middle child....

It's cool having another sister isn;t it shy? Another runner too?!! Also one that is also doing something PRACTICAL with her brain rather than theorising ( I love theorising though :))
That's probably why I love you so much, (plus Jesus love is in me and makes me love you more than even I would have normally ;)).

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...and we thank you for bringing Seth and Amy together..."

one of my uncles (mum's older brother) was the MC at his brother-in-law's wedding (his second marriage) and did a bit of a speech, however, he refered to the 'new' bride continously by the name of the grooms ex wife, apparently without even noticing and didn't realise he had done it till my auntie told hime ther next day...

now that is embarresment ;)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger The Borg said...

Was he drunk?

(Who are you? Please stand up and unfold yourself)

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to correct a small error (unfortunatly it ruins the beautiful construction of the story, sorry) , but Luke and Amy actually announced their engagement on your (shiloh's) Birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home